Alliance to Feed the Earth in Disasters
About Us And Our Mission
We are a group of researchers interested in answering the question, "How do we feed everyone in the event of a global catastrophe that suddenly reduces food supply?". At the heart of the global economy, sunlight is the driving force behind our agricultural supply. If we were to suddenly experience a nuclear winter, supervolcanic eruption, or an asteroid/ comet impact, how would we insure the survival of civilization? This is the question our research team seeks to find answers to. Although these events are considered by many to be unlikely, one estimate is ~10% chance this century. Also, the chance of ~10% global food production shortfall just from extreme weather is estimated to be ~80% (link). By researching possible contingency and immediate action plans, we feel that we can tackle this problem and save as many lives as possible should these events come to fruition.